It’s not like we have enough to do, right? Right. So we’ve decided to join the Ready. Set. Write! crew this summer and set some realistic goals for ourselves. If you wanna play along click on the link above to venture to Katie Upperman’s blog (one of the hosts along with Alison Miller, Jamie Morrow, Erin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij) and find all the deets about the summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting, accountability, and camaraderie.
Hey guys! So after our OH SO relaxing vacay in Trinidad ( WE KNOW, RIGHT?!) we’re ready to give you our weekly check in. Here it goes…
Pam’s Check In:
- Finish revisions on my YA thriller, THROUGH OUR TEETH-->In progress. I’ve read through my latest draft, and jotted down notes on scenes I need to adjust/add/delete. I would LOVE to be done with this revision by July 15th (fingers crossed!).
- Write at least 15k words of a new WIP–> Um…I have not written a lick of this since I’m waiting to be done with revisions first. HOWEVER, I have a slight inkling of a plot now–at first, all I knew was who my two main characters would be.
- Read at least 5 books–> You would think being on vacation last week meant plenty of reading time. Nope. I lounged by the pool, talked my face off, and went on tours. I definitely need to step up my reading game.
- Exercise 3-4 times a week (including running!)–> I did manage to work out once while in Trinidad–though I think trekking around 4 different airports should definitely count as exercise. I made up for it by doing a Tabata session yesterday, and my legs are still weeping.
- Do something FUN or FOR MYSELF at least once each weekend–> After my beautiful trip, I spent the weekend doing NOTHING. Well, Quita did drag me to see the Magic Mike sequel. But I’d call a weekend where I mostly laid around and cleaned off my DVR pretty successful.
Quita’s Check In:
- Work on revisions of YA contemp novel–>I wrote half of a scene and am fleshing out the plot/main character some more. Also, I am realizing the importance of other major character. I’d call that a win.
- Plot/ begin writing at least 10k of new WIP–>I’ve plotted two scenes for a historical that I planned to write two years ago…however, while vacaying in Trinidad I read the beginning of a novel I started (and abandoned) for a NaNo project and am now considering letting THAT be my new WIP. This is how my mind works…
- Read 4-5 books–> Yeah…I was planning on finishing the Laurie Halse Anderson novel I started while on the planes (yes, you read that right, Pam and I were on several planes back and forth from Trinidad) alas, I spent more time in and out of sleep and people watching instead of reading.
- Less work, more play on the weekends–> Didn’t you read what Pam wrote? We saw Magic Mike XXL…I’d consider that some play, right??
- Exercise at least 3xs a week–> There was lots of walking in Trinidad & the dancing exercise that took place that one day on vacay &, as mentioned, Tabata…thighs & legs are definitely screaming today.
So, that’s our story for this week! What do you guys have?