Writing Song of the Day: “In My Place” by Coldplay
Friday is here, and Quita and I could not be more excited! Our week has been…hectic. But we’re still taking the time to join Paper Hangover for the Friday Fives. This week they want to know:
And our choices are:
1. Our home office. It is a requirement now for both of us to have some kind of space at home to complete our writing. Of course, some times we’re too lazy to make it there so we use our…
2. Living room. Yes, we have imprints of our butts on the couch. We each have our own side, and we sit like zombies in front of laptops–completely quiet, completely focused (well, sometimes…hence why I used the term “zombies”).
3. Starbucks. We recently had to go there due to a power outage. I didn’t think I would get much work done since I’m EASILY distracted (oh look…an airplane), but I loved the environment. Everyone there was so productive, which really rubbed off on me.
4. Our patio. The sunshine. The birds. The neighbors that provide endless amounts of writing material. Need I say more?
5. A writing retreat. Quita and I were lucky enough to attend two writing retreats–one with our Weekend of Awesome buds, and another organized by SCBWI. The amount of work we got done at both was truly outstanding. There’s nothing like going away with the sole purpose of writing–we’ll deal with life’s drama when we return home.
What about you all? What are some of your fave writing locations?
P.S. Don’t forget to enter our The Near Witch book giveaway!