It’s been a minute, but we’re joining the lovely ladies of YA Highway for another Road Trip Wednesday. This week they want to know:
Your house is on fire and you can only grab 5 things. What are they?
This question is so unfair! But we still had fun compiling this list:
1. Our laptops. Are you kidding us? Our laptops have EVERYTHING: vacation photos, our iTunes playlists, and most important–OUR WRITING! These definitely will be the first things we look for in the midst of all that smoke.
2. Photo albums. Yeah, our laptops have a few photos, but the memories from our childhood are in the actual albums. Where else can you find Pam posing with her dad in Bart and Homer Simpson T-shirts…or Quita crying at her preschool graduation. (Side note: I SO wanted to post that, but Quita has threatened my life)
3. Tote bag of books. Okay, we cheated a little with this one. We couldn’t just choose ONE book, so we decided that we’d each have our own bag of our faves. For Pam, she’d have to have something from Ellen Hopkins, Courtney Summers, John Green, and Stephen King. For Quita, she’d grab books from Joyce Carol Oates, Blake Nelson, Laurie Halse Anderson, and Maggie Stiefvater.
4. Jewelry. Our class rings are completely irreplaceable–and so are our rings from Quita’s beloved dad, Duke.
5. Car keys. To get the hell away from the fire–duh!!
Whew, hard stuff, but what would YOU grab?
Oh wait! We have to announce our winner of the signed Brendan Halpin book, Notes From the Blender, as well as Fill in the Blank Plotting. And the winner is….
Congrats, Vivien! Expect an email from us shortly. 🙂