Okay, we’re pretty sure you’re all doing the same thing we’re doing right now–stuffing your face with turkey and listening to the same story of that one cute thing you did when you were a kid (if you’re like me, you’ve heard this story about a ZILLION times). However, I don’t want us to lose sight of the purpose of Thanksgiving. That’s right, break the word down and it basically means “to give thanks.”
So, without further ado, we would like to share our lists of things that we’ve been very thankful for over the years:
1. Family: Well duh. They’re the only ones that will tolerate my epic mood swings.
2. Leo DiCaprio: From Romeo to Jack Dawson to Dom Cobb, my heart will always go on for this man. Yes, I had to go there.
3. Crumbs Cupcakes: Umm, because they’re CRUMBS CUPCAKES!!
4. Risk-Taking Authors: Ellen Hopkins, Elizabeth Scott, Courtney Summers–you are why I write. And you make reading worthwhile again.
5. The Writing Community: I have met so many wonderful writers through blogs, Twitter, forums, and beyond. No matter if we’re published or still struggling toward that goal, we’re all amazing cheerleaders for each other. Nothing makes me happier than reading that someone has gotten an agent or a terrific book deal–well, besides those things happening to me, but that’s besides the point… 🙂
1.) The Health of my Family: Both my sister and cuz (yes, Pam) got in car accidents this month. I’m thankful that they both came out pretty much unscathed. WHEW! Also, after losing one parent two years ago, I’m glad that the rest of my immediate family is still here for me.
2.) Good Music: I don’t know what I would do without it. Any chance I get, I’m rocking to my music- while writing, while grading papers, and while eating lunch at my desk all by my lonesome 😦
3.) Food: Because me loves to eat- hence the fluctuating waistline. And I truly don’t discriminate- cupcakes? YES! Pizza? YES! General Tso Chicken? YESSS!
4.) YA Books: I’m soooo thankful my cuz turned me on to YA books. They are some of the best I have read in my entire life.
5.) Colored Pens and Post-Its: Because I would be LOST without them.
6.) The parents of the following men for creating such GORGEOUS offspring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ashton Kutcher, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Robert Pattinson
7.) Ditto to Pam’s # 5: we heart the writing community :)))
Obviously, we have TONS more that we’re grateful for, but we figure you’re all in turkey-induced comas by now. Tell us, what are some things you’re grateful for??