Writing Song of the Day: Blue’s Playlist (check it out below!)
This time we are discussing a character from Quita’s completed manuscript, Chasing Manson. The manuscript came from a screenplay that we collaborated on. In our heads, we thought that the main character would look like Josh Hartnett (another one of Quita’s husbands-to-be) take a moment to revel in all of his sexy handsomeness:
Moment up! The main character in CM is 18 yo Blue Hudson. Blue is a listless high school graduate who becomes obsessed with Charlie Manson and the Family. The novel is set in 1972, therefore musical research had to be done. Music from the late 60’s and early 70’s were used to help shape this character.
Blue loves music and narrates sometimes with song lyrics- also the chapter and section titles in CM are all named after popular songs during the 60/70’s.
If Blue were to make a playlist it would look something like this:
- Yellow Submarine- The Beatles
- Somebody to Love- Jefferson Airplane
- Happiness is a Warm Gun- The Beatles
- Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles
- Witchy Woman- The Eagles
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction- The Rolling Stones
- Riders on the Storm- The Doors
- Never Learn Not to Love- The Beach Boys
- Bad Moon Rising- Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Come Together- The Beatles
Once again, leave us a comment about one of your very own characters- whether it be for a completed manuscript or a WIP and tell us what kind of music he/she would have on their playlist.
** Feel free to scroll back up to look at that GORGEOUS HAWT Josh Hartnett one more time. Whoo!**