Workout Song of the Day: “The Royal We” by Silversun Pickups
1. When you whine every time you have to sit in front of your computer.
3. When you finally open up one of those annoying drafts, but instead of working, you dance to music playing from your computer. Or stereo. Or TV. Or inside of your head.
4. When you start cussing out your characters (i.e., “I told your dumb a** to not say that s***ty piece of dialogue!”)
5. When you’re not aware of any conversations going on in the real world because you’re wondering if your protagonist smiles, rolls eyes, or smirks too much.
6. When someone asks you what your novel is about and all you can do is shrug. And smirk like your protagonist does all the time.
7. When you right a blog post about being tired of your manuscript when you should, in fact, be working on your manuscript.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think this baby is without flaws. WHEN I do get signed, I’ll make as many changes as necessary to make it perfect for all of your lovely eyes. I figure I’ll look at it with a bit more gusto then because, as I mentioned earlier, I really am proud of it.
So, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that one of these versions will finally breakthrough. And if not, well, check out my girl Jaime Reed’s post (VA represent, baby!).
When do you all know that enough is enough?